1997 Kia Sephia Tranny Fluid ???

Old 01-18-03, 06:37 PM
JasonUttterback
Visiting Guest
Question 1997 Kia Sephia Tranny Fluid ???

I PURCHASED A USED KIA SEPHIA 1997 4 DR AUTO 4 CYL LS AND THERE WAS NOT AN OWNERS MANUAL. wHERE DO i CHECK THE TRANSMISSION FLUID? i CAN NOT FIND IT ANYWHERE. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A PICTURE OF THE LOCATION AND A USED MANUAL FOR MY CAR. I ALSO HAVE A SQUEAK ON THE DRIVERS SIDE FRONT TIRE THAT APPEARS TO BE ONLY WHEN I TURN AND GETTING OUT OF THE CAR IF I BOUNCH THE CAR UP AND DOWN SOMETIMES IT WILL MAKE THE SAME SOUND.

PLEASE HELP

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-03, 09:40 AM
I'm not sure where your tranny dipstick is but I would think its kinda short and buried under the hood low down on the tranny. For any manuals you would be best off going to the Kia dealer or www.helminc.com as the ones I have seen used are TWICE the cost of new ones. This happens because the book shops figure you dont know where to get the real thing so they soak you for what they have. Your squeek sounds suspension related..maybe rubber bushings or bad strut/shock. Have someone bouce the car while you look under it to try to locate the squeek.

Old 01-20-03, 05:20 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with Stevo. I have the link for how to buy the manuals in my signature file below.

Check autolibrary.org below for basic information.

Kill the caps!