Frozen rear struts

Old 01-19-03, 02:27 PM
Rippin
Visiting Guest
Frozen rear struts

I have a 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix. the weather here is cold and my rear struts have frozen. i don't have a heated Garage or a Salamander. i took it to the car wash and put hot water on them but no luck. i rocked it from side to side also hoping that would break it loose, that didn't work either. i'm told that this is common on this type of car. any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-03, 05:01 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
What do you mean by "Frozen"? They are probably just blown out and stuck.

Mileage? Ever been changed?

Old 01-20-03, 05:40 AM
Rippin
Visiting Guest
Re: Frozen rear struts

Originally posted by Rippin
I have a 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix. the weather here is cold and my rear struts have frozen. i don't have a heated Garage or a Salamander. i took it to the car wash and put hot water on them but no luck. i rocked it from side to side also hoping that would break it loose, that didn't work either. i'm told that this is common on this type of car. any other suggestions?
The car has 127,000 miles on it. the engine is a 3.1 i never had this problem before. the car rides like a buckboard. (very stiff in the rear) front is ok. the rear now seems lower than it was before. my local Garage told me that it was frozen up and to put it in a heated Garage overnight and that would fix the problem. trouble is, i don't have a heated Garage.

Old 01-20-03, 05:42 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Struts sound wasted. I'd change them. 127k on original struts is GREAT .