O-ring for thermostat


Old 01-19-03, 06:48 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
O-ring for thermostat

Vehicle is a 1997 F150 4.2 V6 with 101,000 miles. I'm replacing a faulty thermostat. Advanced Auto Parts gave me a paper gasket. Wrong!! After I took off the old thermostat I saw that it was an o-ring. Went back to Advanced and told them, oops!! We don't have any of those particular o-rings in the city. So I went to Oreilly's, the had one in stock. Took it home and noticed that the old one has a tab on it. The new one doesn't, it's a circle. Does the tab form when I tighten down the thermostat housing or do I have the wrong part?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-03, 09:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
tab must have formed when tightend down. it should be round.
Old 01-20-03, 04:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Go to any parts store that stocks Felpro. You'll get a high quality gasket that works and you'll be done with it.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: