Rough when cold!

Old 01-21-03, 12:56 PM
Kent-1
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Rough when cold!

My check engine light is on and the van runs a little rough when you first start it up,about 10 min. then smooths out and runs fine,any ideas on that? How about a way to get the codes? The old wire method work on 96 and above?Sorry Guys! It's a 96 town and country van. 3.8 engine, auto trans has everything on it.

Last edited by Kent-1; 01-21-03 at 01:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-03, 01:12 PM
fordman30
Visiting Guest
what year and model ? we need to know this to be able to help you on this problem..........if i had a vehicle gave this description would you be able to answer it ?

Old 01-21-03, 03:41 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Kent:

I believe I answered your question on another post. The answer won't change . No, you cannot pull codes with a wire. The proper way is with a code reader or scan tool.

You said that Autozone told you they cannot pull codes in California due to a law? You might want to double check that with Autozone corporate to see if they can verify that for you. If not, any shop should be able to scan it for you and tell you why the codes are appearing.

The cause of the check engine light is why the vehicle runs poorly and it must be found.

Fordman: I got an e-mail from you, but I had problems with my PC and may have deleted it accidently. Please resend your last e-mail to me.