Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'93 E150 airbag code 34

Visiting Guest

01-21-03, 08:04 PM   #1  
93E150
'93 E150 airbag code 34

I have a '93 Ford E150 van that is displaying a trouble code 34 on the airbag warning light. Anyone know what code 34 indicates?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-22-03, 03:49 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Fault in the system, which should not be repaired by anyone without the proper service information, tools, and know how as air bags can be dangerous business.

Into the dealer or qualified service person for proper repair.

Visiting Guest

01-22-03, 05:59 AM   #3  
93E150
Thanks for the reply Joe_F. I am fully aware of the dangers of working on airbags. I am careful to disarm the system first, and handle the airbag module with utmost care. I just can't find the SRS trouble codes for my van anywhere. The closest I've found are for a '93 Mustang, which indicates that code 34 is low resistance (short) in the airbag circuit. Would this be the same for an E150? I have already taken the airbag module out and I've checked the wiring through the clockspring for shorts and opens and so far have found no problems.

Visiting Guest

01-22-03, 06:00 AM   #4  
Joe_F
You must pick up a Ford service manual if you are going to attempt this repair yourself. Absolute must, no two ways about it. Contact helminc.com for one.

Disabling the system is only half the battle. Improper repairs will cause major, major troubles in an accident. Do not gamble with this in any way.

Search this Thread