Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

condensation under trunk hood

Visiting Guest

01-22-03, 01:29 PM   #1  
bryankknight
condensation under trunk hood

another problem that I see is in my trunk...Under the hood of the
trunk is water ...well its frozen now but like during the warmer times its like a mist that is always there....also in the spare tire well there is always a maybe half inch deep puddle of water...

Any idea where this may be originating? I cant put things in the trunk for fear of ruining anything....

Any ideas>

1992 Chevy Lumina 4dr/86,000miles/6cyl

Sponsored Links

TX

01-22-03, 02:03 PM   #2  
H2O in trunk

The water in your trunk can come from two places one is the trunk seal is bad or two it is the seals around your lights.What I would do is when it warms up have a helper get in there with a strong flashlight and put the garden hose on it.(dont forget to let him or her out)

Visiting Guest

01-22-03, 02:08 PM   #3  
bryankknight
what about the water in the spare tire well? I looked underneath and did not see any holes.....
sheesh..gotta wait till spring......hehe

TX

01-22-03, 02:30 PM   #4  
water in spare well

The water in there is just the low point so it all collects there.Do you have any rust around the rear window?because that is also a possible leak.

Visiting Guest

01-22-03, 04:05 PM   #5  
darrell McCoy
check again for a plug. Should be plastic about 1" or so in dia.
Comes out from inside usually. As previously mentioned about 3 places water can get in. Also check body seams around trunk area. If you find a plug be sure and replace it. Bought a new car years ago and had several underbody plugs missing. Sucked the water in off the hwy.

Visiting Guest

01-22-03, 05:04 PM   #6  
Joe_F
I agree with all here.

Visiting Guest

01-22-03, 05:34 PM   #7  
bryankknight
thx...will check

Search this Thread