Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

can you help identify these auto parts?

AL

01-22-03, 02:15 PM   #1  
can you help identify these auto parts?

Sorry for the stupid question but my cousin who was moving gave me a bunch of stuff & have no idea what these are;
There are 4 (possibly brake pads?) in a Nationwise Box priced at
$14.99. Stock# PMD 205/249 on the barcode sticker (They are almost horseshoe shaped,about 6.5 inches long, 1.75 inches deep.. metal with a grey or black hard pad or surface. 2 of them have 7 holes, the other 2 have 6 holes.
Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-22-03, 05:22 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Sounds like brake pads. Pads use industry wide #s, so if you called up a parts store (any one that's competent), they can check their brake brand's catalog and tell you the applications.

For example "154" is the midsize GM setup (Cutlass, Monte Carlo, Regal, Grand Prix, Lemans) for 78 and up, "52" is the large GM caliper setup.

The brake industry establishes a "base" number and all companies add their suffixes and prefixes for the part #.

Raybestos would call my 1979 Trans Am's front pads "D52PG" The PG is Professional Grade and the 52 is a industry base #.

AL

01-23-03, 02:14 PM   #3  
thanks!

I appreciate the help!

Search this Thread