Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Defrost/floor heat?

MA

01-25-03, 05:35 AM   #1  
Defrost/floor heat?

Hi,
I own a 1991 Ford F-150 extended cab 4x4 with the 5.0L motor and no A/C.
this week I brought my truck to my mechanic to have the leaking heater core replaced.
I noticed after picking it up that the selector for "floor,floor and defrost,and defrost all blew out of the defroster?changing it did nothing?It does change when putting it on "vent" though?
I had thought it was working correctly before the repair,so I brought it back to be looked at again.
The mechanic said he's not sure whats wrong,he didn't even work or touch anything in that area????He said it looks like the actuator is working,but the divider door must not be switching?
He said maybe it had stopped working prior to the repair?
I do have heat from the defrost,and vents,but Iam curious what may have caused this control not to switch to floor heat?
Do you think its related to the repair,and is it something I could check out on my own.Iam fairly handy.What should I check out.Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-25-03, 08:21 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Check for split or broken vacuum lines from the control area outward. Failing that, check that the blend door works properly.

MA

01-26-03, 09:44 AM   #3  
Floor -Defrost door?

Hi,
I looked for ovious vacuum leaks today,I found none?Some places I couldn't check,because I couldn't get to them.
Where is the door that moves to switch it located on this truck?Thanks

Visiting Guest

01-26-03, 10:00 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Did you check autolibrary.org for below for a vacuum schematic?

Search this Thread