Heat problem/ 1999 Merc. Sable

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-03, 09:16 AM
invsiblman
Visiting Guest
Question Heat problem/ 1999 Merc. Sable

Hi,
Having problems with heat flunctuation in my 1999 Mercury Sable, it has a 3.0 SOHC V-6. I have replaced the thermostat, and had a radiator flush both done professionally and the problem persists. I'm now told that it could possibly be a heater control valve, which I'm not sure the vehicle has as I was unable to locate one on the vehicle. Does it have one? Also I've been told that it could be the dreaded heator core replacement, I searched alldata, and there is a TSB on heater cores ( 01-15-6 AUG. 01 Heater core-Repeated Failure) which I was unable to locate a copy of, but I'm hoping this is not the problem as there has been no fogging or leakage of any kind. Also after reading through similiar problems in the forum I hear it may be a water pump problem. Does this year Sable have that problem also? I haven't had any over heating problem. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.....

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-03, 01:30 PM
Group Moderator
May have an air bubble. Try parking it nose up on the steepest incline you can find, remove raditor cap and run it until the thermostat opens to see if you can burp it. My brother's '93 Sable had enough air in it once you could the coolant gurgling under the dash when you stepped on the gas.

Old 01-25-03, 02:07 PM
invsiblman
Visiting Guest
heat problem/ 1999 Merc. Sable

Well I'll try anything once! It would seem a radiator flush would remove any air don't you think? I'll give it a shot and let you know.
Thanks Tow Guy........

Old 01-25-03, 02:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Foul language on forums

XXXXMESSAGE DELETEDXXXX

Posts containing foul language and posts by guests, members, or moderators that are not relevant to the forum topic will be edited or deleted.

All posts on these forums are "dedicated to provide the info needed to do any Home Repair or Home Improvement project right."

twelvepole

Last edited by twelvepole; 01-26-03 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-25-03, 08:05 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Look at the TSB's closely. These era Taurus/Sable models need bypass kits installed in the cooling system. Call your Ford dealer and see if yours has been done or not (supply your VIN #). Also the water pump impellers rot out on this causing the same problem.

Address all the cooling system TSB's you find in Alldata.com (see the dealer for copies of them) and it should be OK.

Closed Thread