nothing works inside but car runs fine on occassions

Old 01-25-03, 11:24 AM
gu812
Visiting Guest
Question nothing works insideon occasions but car runs fine always

97 dodge intrepid car runs fine evrything inside no heat no radio no wipers airbag lite on only does it on ocassions

Last edited by gu812; 01-25-03 at 11:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-03, 08:12 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Bail out and have it serviced professionally. The air bag light means there is fault in the system (bad clockspring, module, etc) and cannot be handled at home by the DIY mechanic without the right tools, procedures and know how.

Old 01-27-03, 12:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Agreed....don't chance an airbag explosion. They can hurt you, and are costly to replace.

Old 01-27-03, 07:34 AM
gu812
Visiting Guest
nothing inside car works runs fine

THANKS GUYS FOR REPLY I WAS TOLD TO TRY GROUND STRAPS FROM ENGINE TO FRAME I DID FIND A LOOSE GROUND TO FRAME
SEE WAT HAPPENS NOW AGAIN THANKS

JEFF

Old 01-28-03, 02:25 AM
Could be a primary power problem also. Need to check all the 12 volt main power connections and the ignition switch and its connector. I've had this type of problem before and its been wiring or a bad battery. Loss of power does starnge things to computer logic and can throw up the flashing air bag lamp also. there was a Service bulletin out on bad grounds but that was on 93 Intrepid...but you never know...i think you're on the right track.

Old 01-28-03, 12:52 PM
On my 97 LHS (basicly same as your intrepid) I had a transmission line come off and hose the engine bay down (what a mess). Anyway clean everything up, about week later, turn signals,heater\AC, radio would work then not work. When they didnt work the airbag light came on. I found a fuse holder that went from the battery to under the main power distribution block next to the battery. Transmission fluid had got into the fuse holder making for bad connection, I clean the inside of the fuse holder out and replace the fuse and never had it happen again(knocking on wood). Might give this look at, check fuse it self and also check make sure its not corroded at the battery. I would also check all the fuses in the main distribution & the inside fuse box to make sure all fuses fit tightly. I have seen people stick wires under the tab of the fuses for addons. The problem is, this bents the fuse box tabs out, once the wire is removed the fuse fits loose, causing poor contact.

Good Luck

Old 02-01-03, 03:49 AM
gu812
Visiting Guest
THANKS FROM ALL THE SUGGESTIONS ,I Beleive we found the problem , The ground straps in the engine compartment 2 of them right & left sides up in front by the radiator, 1 was loose so i removed them cleaned them up replaced. Its been a week now an no problems YET!!
THANKS AGAIN JEFF WORCESTER,Ma.