97 Altima electrical problems

Old 01-26-03, 09:30 AM
Eagle28
Visiting Guest
Question 97 Altima electrical problems

Hello all,
Thanks for holding and contributuing this great form. I have 97 ALtima Limited Edition(It does not say whether it is GXE or GLE, but it has all options except leather). It has 4cylinder 2.4 l engine, 59K miles on it. The problem is the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is on. The used car dealer told me it is because these cars have 60k miles service warning. is it true that 97 Altima check engine light comes out because of service warning?
When I took to AUTOZONE, they could not get the codes because they said there was no power in diagnosis socket. And I was trying to install radio, the constant cable did not have any power either, accessary had. I had to wire a cable from ignition to radio. I did not take it to mechanic, but I checked the fuses on the driver side and they are fine. WHat night be the possible electrical problem and how can I solve it? Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-03, 10:03 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The check engine light points to fault in the vehicle emission/computer systems. I suggest you bring it to a competent repair shop if you could not get any codes through an Autozone store.