resistor

Old 01-27-03, 03:46 PM
resistor,front blower moter 96 dodge caravan

ok ,went out and bought resistor at dealer. only cost 16 bucks. only problem now is where is it located .i have a hynes book but it dont say how to replace it or where it is . the tsb is unclear as to how to get to it and the pictures on line that you refured me to dont seam to help either .any step by step to get me in the right place would help .my wife is going thu hot flashes its either too hot or too cold .and you know how that flows down hill to me lol

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-03, 04:30 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I assume you mean a blower resistor? Please do not split posts---use the reply button so continuity of the post is maintained.

The Haynes book is a table prop for any serious repairs--I suggest you invest in a Chrysler OEM manual for the future. Dymet is the company that handles them for Chrysler.

I would simply call the dealer's parts counter and just ask. They will call over to a service person and find out for you. Barring that, typical places are behind the glovebox and under the hood on the firewall area on many Chryslers.

Old 01-27-03, 04:35 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Don't split posts on the same vehicle---continuity is lost this way. Use the reply button instead.

A quick call to the dealer where you bought the part should net you the location. They will simply ask a service person. I suggest for the future, you pick up the OEM manual for this van from Dymet (they handle Chrysler's manuals).

Barring that, many Chryslers have the resistor behind the glovebox or on the firewall.

Old 01-27-03, 08:34 PM
sorry about the split ,now i got to get help on the diy on how to handle a computer. i tried to go on line at the site you said for ordering an service manual but it didnt come up for that year. that puzzled me .but i tryed every combo but still nothing for 1996 caravan service manual sorry.as for where i bought the part. i did ask for help and they said they could not help me out. i didnt push the issue.i will go back to last thread and see if info you gave tonight is same site for service manual. in any case thanks for all the help so far . will keep you informed

Old 01-28-03, 03:48 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Go to my "The Basics" post and there I have a link that says "Where to buy OEM manuals". It is a PDF file. Look for Dymet, who does Chrysler's manuals. Call them up and ask for your manual for your vehicle.

The dealer should be able to help you with the resistor location or take my advice and look behind the glovebox or on the firewall.

Search this Thread