Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1992 Tracker speedometer cableHave a 1992

Visiting Guest

01-27-03, 08:52 PM   #1  
mzkoko
1992 Tracker speedometer cableHave a 1992

Have a 1992 Tracker with manual transmission and would like to know how to remove speedometer cable from rear of speedometer?Also what is recommended to lubricate the speedometer cable.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-28-03, 03:45 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Check autolibrary.org below.

Visiting Guest

01-29-03, 07:27 PM   #3  
mzkoko
Joe. I tried the Autolibrary link but did not have any luck solving my problem.Thanks for the idea.

Visiting Guest

01-30-03, 03:35 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Should just unscrew from the tranny and is probably clipped onto the back of the speedo head.

Have you actually looked it at to see what you're up against?

TX

01-30-03, 02:26 PM   #5  
lube to use

Once you get it out I am not sure how to do that on that car use a lube made for speedometers.You can get a small tube of it at autozone or any car parts store.Just tell the guy what you want to use it for and he will hook you up.

Visiting Guest

01-30-03, 06:44 PM   #6  
mzkoko
Yes I have looked at it,but I could not pull it out far enough to see the rear of it clearly.I wanted an idea of what I should be looking at before I messed it up.Thanks for the info about the clip.Also thanks for the info about the cable lube and where to get it.

Visiting Guest

01-31-03, 06:32 AM   #7  
Joe_F
As I noted, the clip should push in and the cable will release on the speedo head side.

Search this Thread