Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tranmission slipping

Visiting Guest

01-28-03, 04:48 PM   #1  
porter133825
tranmission slipping

I have a 1994 chevrolet lumina minivan with a 3 speed automatic transmission with overdrive. 3 months ago, I had a problem with the tranmission and the problem was a solenoid. The transmission shop did a computer diagnostic test, service the transmission, new solenoid and orafice screen. There was also a charge of $368.00 for R & R valve body & overhaul. The new problem seems to be slipping in the transmission. If I have it on cruise control at times, the van lacks power and the speedometer races and disengage the cruise control. Without the cruise control on the problem still exist.

Sponsored Links

LA

01-28-03, 10:44 PM   #2  
What was your original problem that the shop addressed? There are a great many things that can cause a transmission to slip. We might could make an educated guess if we knew what engine / transmission you have.
Personally, I would take it back to the tranny shop with a warranty claim. If they won't fix it for free, I'd go find a better shop.

Visiting Guest

01-29-03, 10:09 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree. Also, you either have a three speed or a four speed overdrive, not a three speed overdrive .

Search this Thread