Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

cant get all the air out of brakes

Visiting Guest

01-28-03, 07:42 PM   #1  
mabe72496
cant get all the air out of brakes

help please-----after replaceing both rear wheel cylinders on a 1988 ford taurus lx i cant seem to get the air out of rear brakes. i have tried bleeding all four wheels and also checked the lines for leaks and found none. the only thing i have found that doesnt seem correct is the master cylinder cap is missing the rubber insert could this be causeing my problem? also when i try and bleed the rt. rear wheel and the left front wheel i get very little fluid to come out and the person pumping the brake pedal says the pedal doesnt go to floor when bleeder screws are opened, like it does when the other two wheel are blead. any and all help will definately be appreciated thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links

01-28-03, 09:39 PM   #2  
you wont notice as much drop in the pedal when bleeding the rear brakes compared to the front but you should notice some drop. sounds like your proportioning valve has not recentered and causing you to get very little fluid to the left front and right rear brakes sometimes this happens, try bleeding at the proportioning valve by loosening the lines at the valve and then continue to bleed the brakes as normal starting with the furthest one from the master cylinder, eventually the valve usually recenters but sometimes it takes a while, just keep trying.

Visiting Guest

01-29-03, 10:12 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with BeJay.

Search this Thread