Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

brakes ? bleeding brakes

Visiting Guest

02-07-03, 06:52 PM   #1  
william777
brakes ? bleeding brakes

I bought a 88 mazda b2200, and the brake pedal goes to the floor before it starts to stop , the master clyinder is full but when I pump the brakes it almost empties the clyinder then it goes back to full ,does this mean I need to bleed them and if so how do I do that .I am a raw beginner in auto repair but am a quick learner any help will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-07-03, 09:26 PM   #2  
Joe_F
No, it means there is hydraulic failure in the system. The master, the wheel cylinders, or the lines are wasted. You could also have worn shoes which will cause the pistons in the wheel cylinders to extend too far.

Check autolibrary.org below for more on brakes. If you do not fully understand the steps and procedures, bail out and have the brakes fixed professionally. Brakes are not something to gamble with.

Visiting Guest

02-07-03, 10:07 PM   #3  
william777
THANKS Joe, I will take it to the shop ,But at least now I have an idea of whats wrong so they can`t take me to the cleaners, thank you very much !!! William

Search this Thread