Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

what is with the lack of lights?

IN

02-11-03, 05:46 PM   #1  
what is with the lack of lights?

hi

I just bought a 2003 Grand Caravan EX (please keep your opinion to yourself if you think this vehicle is a piece of junk, because I just spent a great deal of money on it) and one thing I have noticed is the interior, at night, lacks courtesy lights on many of the necessary accessories (i.e. headlight switch, door locks, window switches, mirror adjustors, cruise control buttons, etc.). Basically, if you are driving this vehicle at night, you have to turn on the dome light to find the appropriate switches. It is very annoying and could be dangerous.

Doe anyone know if this is part of the design or is there an electrical problem?

All other lights work including the speedometer, and other cluster lights associated with the dash.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-11-03, 06:02 PM   #2  
Joe_F
What does the owner's manual have to say? How about the salesperson that sold it to you? You could inquire and they would tell you how it all works if the manual is not clear.

Chryslers tend to be big on features like that, but low in quality.

I'd be surprised at the lack of lights on something like that. Chrysler's version of the minivan is usually the one with all the bells and whistles

02-11-03, 07:07 PM   #3  
I would say you you have a backlighting problem,electrical.Back to Dodge.Good Luck

IN

02-12-03, 04:52 AM   #4  
The manual is not clear. As a matter of fact, it doesn't list the fuses and what they go to.

I just ordered the vehicle through a local dealership, I don't really know the salesman. I spoke with the manager and he didn't know. He has not known much so far.

How can I find out for sure?

Like I said, it has all the dash lights, it just doesn't have courtesy lights like the ones that I listed.

Visiting Guest

02-12-03, 09:58 AM   #5  
Joe_F
You have a lazy and piss poor dealer. If they do not know, a simple phone call would be able to answer the question.

Better yet, all they have to do is go to another Caravan like yours, turn on the lights and if it has lights yours do not, chances are yours do not work! Done.

I'd be back to the salesman that sold it to me and ask him when (not if) he/she is going to get you an answer or if Chrysler Corporation would rather call them and make them find out for you .

Search this Thread