high beam doesn't work !!!!!

Old 01-31-03, 02:27 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
high beam doesn't work !!!!!

Hey everyone:
I own a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier. Driving to work this morning, I was unable to use my high beam lights. When I tried to turn them on ( using the signal light arm ), my lights went out completely! Now I only have low beam, but my high beam indicator on the dash remains lit, whether I try the high beam or not. Any suggestions ????

Thanks in Advance........ ssshep

Old 01-31-03, 04:13 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check both bulbs to be sure they work, but it sounds like a wasted dimmer switch. May require professional service as the steering column has to come apart and that means dealing with the airbag---don't risk it.

Old 01-31-03, 04:54 PM
S
Thanks for the quick reply Joe...... unfortunately, I've checked both bulbs and they test OK. Guess I'm off to the garage.

Thanks again.......... ssshep

Old 02-01-03, 04:39 AM
M
check this out

Check all the connectors on the steering coloum get under the dash and check them one might have came off.This happend to a buddy of mine with a Camaro.He found a connector had backed out pluged it back in and all was good.Hint use a good flashlight and move stuff around.

Old 02-12-03, 12:10 PM
S
Just to let you guys know........... it was a wiring issue, took it to a garage, just in case it was the dimmer switch, but was told the wires were corroded underneath the windshield washer container. Thanks again for the suggestions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ssshep

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: