No Heat

Old 02-13-03, 04:02 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No Heat

1992 Ford Crown Vic., 4.6L engine, 4 speed trans.

When the weather drops to 20 or below the car has no heat. The radiator has been flushed and it has a new thermostat. Not sure of what else the problem could be it was fine last year.

Old 02-13-03, 04:24 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Warm up the car. Feel both heater hoses going to the firewall. If both are hot, the problem is the blend door system inside the car.

If they are not hot, then it's still a cooling system issue. May have a defective thermostat.

Old 02-13-03, 10:39 PM
J
blend door system?? what is that?

I had a similar problem on my ford in cold weather, strangly it was because I was low on coolant.

How long ago was the flush, make sure you are topped off on your coolant levels.

Old 02-14-03, 03:33 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Jeremy:

When you move your bottom HVAC lever from Hot to Cold or vice versa, you are closing/opening the vent/blend door .

(Every car has something like this if it has heat/AC )

Old 02-14-03, 07:50 AM
L
The hoses are hot when the car is warm and the blend door seems to work also it goes from the lukewarm state I get to cold quick. The fluid was also flushed by Jiffy Lube 2 weeks ago. So you think I bought a bad thermostat?

Old 02-14-03, 09:38 AM
fordman30
Visiting Guest
could be a stopped up heater core is the new new t-stat dont wont

Old 02-14-03, 10:13 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If both hoses are hot to the touch, the problem is with the blend door inside.

Old 02-14-03, 05:15 PM
F
I'd have to agree with Joe on this.If both heater hoses are hot to the touch then the problem has to be inside the interior of the car.If the core were plugged one of the hoses wouldn't get hot due to no circulation.Some of these had problems with the blend door actuator and also some even had blend doors that broke right at the top where the actuator connected to the door.You might have also had something fall into the heater housing that's blocking the door from fully closing.
My suggestion would be to remove the blower motor and you should be able to see the blend door and then check to see if anythings a miss.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: