blower motor

Old 02-14-03, 04:29 AM
blower motor

I have a 1995 Oldsmobile silhoutte minivan with a 3.8 engine that is having intermitten trouble with the front blower motor. The blower works sometimes and sometimes not. I thought maybe it was overheating and maybe it has some internal thermal protection, but it doesn't seem to run any better after it has had a chance to cool down. I live in the northeast and we had plenty of cold and moisture and I wonder if this might be part of the problem. I appreciate any helpful information you could send my way. Thank you !

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-03, 10:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have you checked for a bad blower motor resistor? Check autolibrary.org below for more on that.

Old 02-20-03, 05:45 AM
I checked the website mentioned but found no reference to a resistor.I could'nt even find a schematic that contained the blower circuit. Could you shine a light on what you know about the resistor and where it would be located ? thank you

Old 02-20-03, 05:55 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Just call any GM dealer's parts department and ask them where the resistor shows up on the parts film. Usual places are by the firewall or behind the glovebox.

Search this Thread