hard clutch

Old 02-15-03, 12:39 PM
lazan2000
Visiting Guest
Question hard clutch

I have a 1987 Toyota Camry 5 speed manual transmission. Recently it has rained really hard and there were some big puddles that I had to get through to get to work. The next day following the heavy rains I found that my clutch was extremely hard to push in. I tried asking some male co-workers (since I am a female who knows very little about cars) about this problem and I was told there are some pads in the clutch area that may have gotten wet and to allow it some time to dry out.
However, it has now been 4 days later since then and my clutch is still hard. I sprayed some WD 40 on the peddle thinking this may help, but it hasn't. Is there anyone who can tell me if this problem will go away or do I have to take it to a mechanic?

Old 02-15-03, 01:52 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check the clutch master cylinder and see if it is dry or has taken on water. If so, it has to be bled. May have a bad cylinder too.

Old 02-15-03, 06:53 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Not knowing the maint. history of the car, if you replace one cylinder because of fluid leak, you would be money ahead to just replace both master and slave cyl. New fluid and bleed. Seems when one leaks the other is not far behind it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: