Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Dodge D-150 stalling

02-14-03, 01:43 PM   #1  
Dodge D-150 stalling

Yes I have a 1984 Dodge D-150 P/U with a 318 in it and it is a automatic. The problem is when it gets damp outside it will not idle and if you let your foot off the gas it will stall, so when I go to brake or stop I keep foot on gas a little while braking so it does not stall. Like I said it only does it when it is raining or damp outside. It was fine yesterday we had dry wheather no rain but today we have a light rain and it wants to stall. If I drive it for about a hour then it becomes ok. But I usually only drive to and from work and never drive it that long so it has become a problem. I have had the truck 8 years and this started doing this about 6 months ago, I have changed the distributer cap, rotor knob. plugs, wires. To me it seems like moisture is getting somewhere then dries out after driving it a hour or so but I have no more ideas so any help would be great. Thanks alot Steve

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-14-03, 03:41 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Sounds like a misadjusted choke, vacuum lines off, or a very tired carburetor.

Chrysler carburetion in these vintage trucks is flat out crap. The Holleys and Carters used during this time were stallers, leakers and very pesky to adjust and get right.

It takes time, patience, and some know how to go through these completely. Even then, it will still stall in the rain. That is a Chrysler trademark .

Search this Thread