Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Jeep Motor replacement

Visiting Guest

02-14-03, 02:47 PM   #1  
jeepdude
Jeep Motor replacement

Is there any on-line manuals on replacing the motor in my '89 jeep cherokee.
I need a detailed "walk-me-through" kinda site.
Its a 4.0,4wd auto tranny.
Fuel injectors are missing on donor motor but I think I can handle that.
I need something I can print out,to help me out.
I'm not a mechanic,but I have worked on cars in the past.
Its not the actual putting the motor in the space and bolting it down part that perplexes me,but the wires and hoses and stuff that confuses me.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-14-03, 03:37 PM   #2  
Joe_F
A manual still may not tell you all that unless you get the factory manual. Mark everything VERY carefully as you remove it so you will know where it goes on the engine. Use whiteout and mark the hose and the mating fittings with the same marks (e.g. two dots, two stripes, an X, etc). That will refresh your memory if you forget.

Autolibrary.org below will have the generic R&R instructions, alldata.com a step better and the factory manual far superior among the three.

Visiting Guest

02-15-03, 01:41 AM   #3  
jeepdude
Hey,thanx for the quick response.I'll check out those links.
The marking idea has crossed my mind,so I'll probably be out there the next cpl of days doing just that.
Those factory manuels are expensive and probably very technical as well.Like reading russian.

Visiting Guest

02-15-03, 07:47 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Ummm, not really . The aftermarket manuals GET their information from the factory ones .

Search this Thread