what to do with auto parts??

Old 02-15-03, 10:29 PM
wannabeacarpenter
Visiting Guest
what to do with auto parts??

Hello, my brother and father fixed a couple of cars in my garage last year, and I have an engine, axle, wires, brake rotors, and other odd parts in there. I want to get rid of these items and clean out my garage, but I don't know what to do with them. I admit I only called 2 junkyards but they only want entire cars, not pieces. I have asked my family to take care of it, but they keep stalling so I have to do it myself. Any suggestions? I live in Michigan by the way. Thank you for any answers.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-03, 01:56 AM
Do you know what vehicles the parts are out of? There are some forums that are geared to just certain vehicles and usually the guys on these forums will jump at a chance for spare parts if they are advertised there. Do you have a small (like Thrifty Nickel?)paper that accepts free classifieds? Might be some local car clubs?

Old 02-16-03, 05:38 AM
if the parts are useless are not any good just take them to a scrap metal or recycling place.

Old 02-16-03, 10:10 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
A few options:

1) Recycle them if they junk. Your city code dictates what they will take and not. Call your sanitation bureau.

2) Put them on Ebay for cheap and you might make a few bucks if they are useable. Do a "local pickup" only on any heavy items.

3) Donate them to an autoschool. They may use the axle to rebuild as a project.

4) Free internet classifieds are abound on the 'net. You could put them there with something like, "100 bucks takes all, must pickup".

There's a couple of options right there. As Stevo said, depends on what they are/fit/if they are any good.