where are the spark plugs

Old 02-16-03, 04:05 PM
str8wnba
Visiting Guest
where are the spark plugs

Where are the sparks plugs to a 1998 ford explorer and how to change them. help can't find them

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-03, 05:28 PM
GlassesRx
Visiting Guest
Ok, this always seems to help me, follow the ignition wires and they will lead you to the spark plugs. Make sure you have the correct spark plug socket size. While you're at it, check to see if you require any futher tune-ups. You may what to change the distributor cap and rotor as well, it's inexpensive. Hope this helps until the pros get on the line! :-)

Old 02-16-03, 08:14 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The engine size would be a help....

Check autolibrary.org below.

Old 04-18-03, 07:00 AM
taxxman2k
Visiting Guest
yes follow the wires! the drivers side is easy, but the pass side gets tricky. be patient it will take some time and some weird flexig to get them in there.

Old 04-18-03, 09:48 AM
Most of the time you will need a spark plug wrench with a swivel and a 2in swivel extension.

Old 04-18-03, 09:53 AM
doni49
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by Joe_F
Check autolibrary.org below.
Joe,

This is the second time I've seen you post that link. I tried it both times, thinking I might find something useful for my use. I keep getting the following:

[SIZE=3]You are not authorized to view this page[/SIZE]
You do not have permission to view this directory or page from the Internet address of your Web browser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the autolibrary.org home page.

HTTP 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address rejected
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I get this at home AND at work. I'm behind at both locations--although NO sites are prohitted via either firewall. Do you have any ideas or know who might? I didn't know if this was one of your sites or what.

Thanks.

Old 04-19-03, 03:52 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Your browser is not enabled for cookies perhaps.

Old 04-19-03, 07:08 AM
doni49
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by Joe_F
Your browser is not enabled for cookies perhaps.
Nope--cookies are fully enabled.

Thanks anyway.