91 voyager needs cheap ball joints,tie rod

Old 02-20-03, 07:06 PM
ctn87523
Visiting Guest
91 voyager needs cheap ball joints,tie rod

My Plymouth Voyager is a 91....4cyl, front wheel drive, 2.5 liter ..has 120,000 miles ...
What I really need to know ...where can I get the lower ball joints, and outer tie rods CHEAPLY????? I've looked high and low on the internet...cheapest was 29. for the ball joint but I'm desperate and running out of money.We just bought 4 new tires , struts ,shocks and need this now to........Anyone know who sells discount or wholesale ball joints and tie rods? Really appreciate it............... (I've already checked out the hometown auto parts stores.....$59 and up)
Thank you thank you.......Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-03, 07:46 PM
I don't know what kind of quality parts they have but it looks like www.wdautoparts.com is about the cheapest at $14. A good site to use for some price comparison is www.autowhiz.com

Old 02-21-03, 03:29 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Your life is not worth cheap suspension parts which could cost you it.

Buy good quality replacements such as Moog or TRW. You owe it to your safety and those of others around you.

If the vehicle is not worth quality parts, it is not worth fixing.

Old 02-21-03, 04:42 AM
Group Moderator
And unless you are doing the work yourself, you may find it hard to get a reputable garage to install the parts and the garages that would will likely not gaurantee them, i.e. if that discount ball joint snaps taking the first corner out of the garage they won't feel compelled to replace them or refund your money. This is not to say you have to spend a fortune, but I would go with the lowest price from a reputable parts house, NAPA, CarQuest, etc.

Old 02-21-03, 05:33 AM
ctn87523
Visiting Guest
Talking Thank you for the sites!!

Thanks so much for the sites... I know that the cheapest is not the best choice...What I needed was a bunch of brands to compare with. My husband will be doing the real work ..He's very handy..I get to do the research for him.....he just didn't want to go with the price he was quoted at the local parts stores.
***** By the way when I'm asked for the vin # , if it has a K or a G....... I have both....how do I know which one they want?
Thanks again We appreciate such quick response!!!
I just love this DIY place ----Stephanie

Old 02-21-03, 05:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
They are likely looking for the 8th digit, which denotes the engine code.

K is for a 2.5 throttle body fuel injected 4 cylinder
D is a 2.2 throttle body fuel injected 4 cylinder
3 would be a 3.0 V6

The parts may differ based on engine option.