Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

I have a ing problem, V.A.T.S REPLACE

Visiting Guest

02-21-03, 10:12 AM   #1  
RACERXXXX
I have a ing problem, V.A.T.S REPLACE

I have a 1989 iroc z with a v-8 port inj eng , 60 thuo miles 2 year old starter, new heat sheild . this is a starting problem so i don't knew what else you would need. the problem is that I have the vats sys, and know the key is hard as hell to get out , nad the car will not start. I cant put the key in the auck poistion(turn the key back) i think the key is sending a false reading to the vats sys, which is setting down the cars starter. i dont get anthing from my starter when i turn the key, and the insterments peek out when i turn the key. can i bypass the sys? can i replace the vats with a reguler key ? how hard is it to replace the vats ign in the colum( i have done replacement with reguler key in the past on diferent camero's). SHould I have it done at a shop , and how much does it cost ruffly ? can i Start the car any other way. to get it home

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-21-03, 07:09 PM   #2  
Joe_F
If you are handy, you can solder in a resistor of the correct value and bypass the VATS. Check www.thirdgen.org for more on that.

Try cleaning the key with a pencil eraser or try a new or different key first.

Search this Thread