bleeding front brakes on 88 deville

Old 02-21-03, 01:12 PM
hunter29180
Visiting Guest
bleeding front brakes on 88 deville

just installed new front rotors, calipers and pads on my 88 deville. when attempting to bleed them nothing seems to be working. I get no air or fluid at the caliper.(drivers side) loosened at master and have some fluid there. Am i missing a step? or do I have another problem. I replaced the parts because the pass side caliper began sticking and was recomended replacement of both side as a pair by dealer.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-03, 07:00 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Change both rubber flexible lines going to the calipers---they are wiped and clogged with debris.

Old 02-24-03, 09:50 AM
Mitchell B.
Visiting Guest
Brakes

make sure the top of the mastercylinder is off. You should be able to gravity bleed the system. If nothing comes out, fill the master cyl. put the cap on & push the pedal to the floor slowly a few times try to not go all the way to the floor.you could damage the m/c seal.. Now go to every bleader one @ a time & open them until fluid comes out & all the air bubbles disappear. after your done pump the brake pedal again slowly not to aggitate the fluid. Then open all the bleeders one at a time & you will get one more bubble out of them. That should do it.
Good Luck!

Old 02-24-03, 10:40 PM
hunter29180
Visiting Guest
Wink problem solved

Thanks guys! problem solved. hoses not problem. new calapers assembled incorrectly at factory! Put new calipers on today and brakes work great!!

Old 02-25-03, 05:39 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It is a worthy exercise to change the hoses when doing this service. You may find yourself doing it again .

Old 02-25-03, 08:30 AM
hunter29180
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up I agree

Thanks, I already had the hoses installed and still had same problem. since I had fluid all the way to calipers I removed them and had a shop check them out! Both calipers were rebuilt by same person incorrectly. (inspector tags checked) manufactor willingly replaced them and paid shop for labor to check them out!