Let there be light

Old 02-21-03, 06:49 PM
Marjinal
Visiting Guest
Let there be light

Sorry if this is boring to those who really work on cars, but I posted this morning a question about how to change the headlight on my 94 Civic. The moderator for this site sent me to some standard manuals for instructions, but they aren't telling me the basic thing I need to know. I can't get to the bulb--what do I remove to get to it (on a '94 Civic)??
Thanks
marjinal

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-03, 06:57 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The moderator is me, but you're not reading my posts or the autolibrary.org correctly.

Open the screen type in 1994 Civic, then chassis electrical and lighting. Tell us what you find---the complete R&R instructions with photos are there.

Use your reply button in lieu of starting a new post for continuity.

Old 02-22-03, 06:50 AM
Marjinal
Visiting Guest
Perhaps I am not doing this correctly. But when I enter 1994 Honda and click thru as you describe, what I get are instructions and photos not specific to Honda. I have changed bulbs on other cars and know how to pull out the bulb cover. But, on the Honda, I can't get to it. There are other devices in/around it and I don't know which to remove to expose the bulb itself. Do you have any suggestions specific to the Honda Civic?
Thank you!
M

Old 02-22-03, 09:45 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Are you looking at autolibrary.org? There are SPECIFIC pictures there on how to change the bulb as I recall.

Failing that, hit your local library for a manual.

Old 02-22-03, 07:12 PM
Marjinal
Visiting Guest
Yes, Joe. I went exactly where you directed me. It was general information, not specific to Honda. I did get a manual this afternoon. The missing info, in case you are interested, is that you have to remove the air intake tube first. You can't get to the bulb in a Honda the way you can in other cars, apparently. the pictures in autolibrary didn't show/didn't tell you this step, as I was trying to explain to you. I'm disappointed you kept repeating as if I didn't pay attention. I guess it was a harder question than you gave me credit for!
M

Old 02-23-03, 01:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I'm disappointed you did not get a proper manual before attempting the repair. You wouldn't go to a doctor that didnt have a single medical book in his/her office. In the same respect, you should not repair your car without the proper manual. Remember, we are not at the machine---you are. You have to be our eyes and ears and help us visualize what we are up against.

Now, most of us in the trade are fair mechanics and can handle things in a jiffy, but when I'm perhaps 3000 miles away, you have to be my eyes and ears and help yourself---it's how we are to help you. I can probably take your whole car apart when I see it in person, but to visualize everything and put it into text for us---that's your part .