Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tire Questions

Visiting Guest

02-22-03, 07:59 AM   #1  
GADGET K
Tire Questions

Hi, Everyone I am a new member.
Several questions on tire..I have a Honda CRV. 4 wheel Dr. The 3 origainal tires have 33k miles on them, the other one has 10k miles on it. Since the 3 old ones are not ready to be declared dead. I just want to replace the one in the front to match the "relatively new"one. After I called several tire shops, I got several suggstions:
1.I shoulg change both tires in order not to damage transmission
2.If I change only one..different brand than the original..even the same sizes..is not recommended.
What do you think I should do? I am thinking just to spend minimum $ to replace one, hoping the front two ( the new and the 10k one) will wear out about the same time..so I can replace 4 at the same time.
Any suggstions will be appreciated!

Gadget K

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-22-03, 09:41 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Generally, you like to have the two best tires on the drive axles (front or rear). In the case of the CR-V, it is 4WD/AWD, so all positions are drive axles.

I would just get the closest tread pattern you can to what is there, using the same size. Should be fine. I have a couple different tire makes on my Chevy Cavalier, but they are all the same size and similar tread pattern. No problems.

Search this Thread