Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1977 Dodge Pickup Window Problems

dlangdado's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 34

02-22-03, 12:46 PM   #1  
1977 Dodge Pickup Window Problems

Ive got an old 1977 dodge pickup and the window will not roll up or down. The metal part that has the teeth on it is worn down and does not catch to roll the window. Is this part called a window regulator? Does anyone Know of a good website that sells old dodge parts? Do you think that this piece could be heated up and deeper slots put in for it to catch to roll the window down. Thanks for any advise because the model is so old can not find parts at a junkyard.

Sponsored Links
Joe_F's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

02-22-03, 01:04 PM   #2  
Wasted window regulator. Cannot be fixed, time for a used one or NOS one.

Hit any Chrysler dealer's parts department, and have them dig up the part # for the needed regulator. Then, ask them to put a search out to any dealer on their computer/locator system to see who might have one. If you get the part # from the dealer, post it here, I might be able to find one.

In lieu of a new one, just put a parts request on www.junkyarddog.com and it will send an e-mail out to any junkyard that subscribes to that website. Any that have the part in question will e-mail you back with prices and availability.

Stevo2's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 431

02-22-03, 04:37 PM   #3  
I own one of those fine beasts! You will have to replace the window regulator assembly. You can also try www.car-part.com for used ones, search under "Front Door Regulator". Looks like 1977 has its own unique part numbers so only 1977 regulators will work.

Chrysler Part Numbers:
4082028-right side(Pass)
4082029-left side(Driver)

As always..double check my part numbers.

Search this Thread