ugly dealer stickers!!

Old 02-22-03, 09:04 PM
errodri61
Visiting Guest
ugly dealer stickers!!

Hello again,
How can i remove the ugly dealer sticker that dealerships put on the back of cars without messing up the paint job??

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-03, 01:29 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Heat it with a hair dryer and it should loosen up. Alternatively, body supply shops have products that remove them safely too.

Old 02-23-03, 02:32 AM
also something that works

Yes do what Joe says with the heat gun or hair dryer and if any glue remains use a soft rag and WD-40 to remove it then wash off area with soap and water.

Old 02-23-03, 06:15 AM
Group Moderator
Of course the best way is for them not to put them on! Next time you buy a car, before you plunk down the money, say "by the way, I'm not taking the car if you stick any dealer advertising on it".

Old 02-23-03, 09:38 AM
errodri61
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info...

Old 02-23-03, 02:50 PM
I believe Autozone or Advance auto parts(i can't remember which),has a spray on product that's called "sticker shock' that works pretty good.

Old 02-23-03, 03:10 PM
pay me the money

I hate the stickers myself I removed mine from my new Toyota already. If they want to pay me to advertise for them they need to pay. I also removed the license plate frames and put my own on.

Old 02-23-03, 06:00 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I don't have any dealer logos on any of my cars either. Only my mother's Saturn has a dealer plate frame on it.

However, if I owned a GTO and the license plate frame and PHS stickers said "Royal Pontiac" on it, that's a different story.

Royal was an early super tuner of Pontiacs in Royal Oak, MI in the 1960's. They had a "performance department". Sounds like an old-time racer or two worked in the parts and service department at that time .