Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

loose steering/emerge brake

02-25-03, 01:01 PM   #1  
loose steering/emerge brake

2001 Chevy Blazer LS 2dr 4.3l 6cyl Vortec 18,000 miles

1. As of late the steering seems to have become very loose. Its like the car is "drifting", I feel like I'm compensating more than normal. I'm pretty sure its not the alignment cause the wheel is still straight when I want to go straight. It just feels as if the car is drifting right and left as I drive and pick up speed.

2. My emergency brake release is sticking. There doesn't seem to be anything in the way of the actual pedal. The only reason this is a problem is becuase my DRL and automatic headlights won't activate unless the emergeency brake is fully released becuase it passes some kind of switch when the pedal is fully released. For now I've been pushing the pedal up the remaining 2 inches or so with my foot.

Any help or insight you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-25-03, 01:22 PM   #2  
Joe_F
2001 vehicle, covered by the GM warranty. No charge repair from the dealer.

Check alldata.com for any known bulletins or recalls pertaining to the symptoms.

Search this Thread