Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1993 s10 blazer 4wd hard to start

Visiting Guest

02-28-03, 02:10 PM   #1  
luci420
1993 s10 blazer 4wd hard to start

My 1993 s-10 blazer is hard to start when the engine is cold or warm. I tried to find a troubleshooting guide on cyberrparts.com but it does not have any information for the 4wd 4.3 cpi...... Any good ideas on a good troubleshooting tool????????

Sponsored Links

02-28-03, 05:20 PM   #2  
i would start by checking fuel pressure there is a test port on the driver side at the back of the engine, check and see what your pressure is and whether or not the pressure bleeds off when you shut off the key if it does bleed off likely a bad injector or fuel line leaking under intake which tends to flood the engine if this is the case you will usually notice it starts quicker when holding the throttle open some, if the pressure does not bleed off you should note pressure readings and that it does require 55 psi to open the poppets if pressure is below 55 while trying to start vehicle likely a bad fuel pump.

Visiting Guest

02-28-03, 05:56 PM   #3  
Joe_F
There should be plenty on this vehicle. You maybe typing the model wrong.

Try 1993 Blazer
Try 1993 S10
Try 1993 S15
Try 1993 S,T Series
Try 1993 Pickup.
If you have to, try 1993 Astro or 1993 Safari
Even if you get something else, you are after the 4.3 vin code W engine and the fuel system specs/testing. Same thing for all models with this engine.

02-28-03, 09:30 PM   #4  
Also try T10 in your search. I'm with the other guys on the fuel pressure problem and that's where I would start. You need to check your fuel pressure. There is also a Service Bulletin out on 92-96 Trucks that have bad pulsators. that's the flexible line that connects your fuel pump to the steel fuel line that runs to the engine. If you require a new fuel pump replace it only with an AC Delco as most other aftermarket pumps do not work correctly...also replace the pulsator. Here's a link to the Service Bulletin.

http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/OEMBulletins04/046854.pdf

Search this Thread