Joe Cool Car

Old 03-01-03, 12:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 247 Upvotes on 199 Posts
Joe Cool Car

Towed one the other day that's right up your alley, Joe; a 1967 Olds 98 sedan. What a battle-wagon!!! Near as I could tell from the owner's manual it has a 425 cube motor. Air cleaner said Ultra High Compression (probably have to fill it up at the airport to get enough octane nowadays, LOL). Was a donation vehicle to local B&G Club; belonged to a widow and had been sitting in her carport for about three years since her husband died. Fresh gas and a battery and will probably run. Told them not to sell it off too cheap until they get someone knowledgable to look at it for restoration value (have since been told that motor and tranny probably worth more than rest of car).

Want me to make them an offer for you, Joe?

Old 03-01-03, 04:45 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
No, but a member of the Oldsmobile Club of America might be interested . Tell them to contact them and they will surely find a buyer for it.

Yes, that is a 425 cube Olds motor. 1968 to 1976 is a 455 motor.

Yes, that is some tank---the 1976 model my coworker drives is bigger. Those are some reliable and nice old cars .

A car like that deserves a second chance !

Old 03-02-03, 08:54 AM
Group Moderator
Received 247 Upvotes on 199 Posts
Thanks, I'll pass that along. One of my car-fixing buds suggested it would have been worth more if it was 2 door vice sedan. Outside my knowledge base. My guess is someone will snatch it for that big motor; hmmmm, wonder if that would fit my wrecker......

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: