1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Rear Electric Window

Old 03-02-03, 03:02 PM
Tomzcarz
Visiting Guest
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Rear Electric Window

I've got a real problem, the rear window of my Jeep Wagoneer won't go back up and I can't get to the motor to replace it. How can I solve this problem?

Old 03-02-03, 07:17 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Should be able to pop the trim panel off and have a look at what's going on inside. Likely a wasted motor or bad connection.

Old 03-02-03, 08:14 PM
Tomzcarz
Visiting Guest
1985 wagoneer,,,,,,

Thanks for trying Joe, but I pulled the carpet,access panel and anything else that looked right and it all was wrong,, so after putting it all back together , I thought about cutting out a portion of the whole inside tailgate area out just to access what do you suggest, there is no way of getting to the motor or relay without raising or removing the window while it is in down postion all conponents need to be access while window is in up postion ,, dum!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-03, 03:09 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Have you tried to use something to pull up on the glass while you activate the motor. You might just have a couple of teeth stripped and it may just catch if you pull up on the window manually. you shoulkd not have to cut anything out of the tailgate. If nothing else go sown to a local body shop and see if they will reset the window for you for a small fee and then you can service the motor yourself.

Old 03-03-03, 03:47 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Try banging on the tailgate while activating the switch to see if you can jar it back to life. Then you can investigate it further.

Old 03-03-03, 05:17 AM
Tomzcarz
Visiting Guest
Jeep Window

Thanks again Joe, but banging on the gate either inside or outside did'nt do any good either just shooked some dust loose So I'm still left with slicining and dicing or just taking a hole saw and cutting two access holes near window corners where the the hold down clips are located , so I can release clips and pull window all the way out off of lifting arms, I am calling Jeep Dealer today to ask advice, first though, will keep you informed. Thanks

Old 03-03-03, 07:27 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem with a door window. Try unbolting the window from the elevator arm slider. You should be able to push the window up by hand.

Old 03-03-03, 10:55 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Remove panel, unbolt the window, raise it up and use several pcs of good duct tape to hold it up while you work on the motor assembly.

Old 03-04-03, 06:20 AM
Tomzcarz
Visiting Guest
Jeep window problem

Thanks to all that responded, but the only way, and I mean the only way to reach anything, after the window is down, is to drill two holes with a 2 3/8ths" holesaw just to the inside of the doore hinge ajustment panels and access the window clips there. Pop-off the clips and the window is free. You'll also have to push down on the controler arms so that the pinsrelease then, with a helper slide the window gentlelly out remembering to un-clip defroster wires if equipted. I'll post some pics. of the whole shubang when developed. Thanks again to all advisers. And to GM I think they'll have to examan this problem and rethink the flaw!!!!!!!1

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: