Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rotating Tires

Visiting Guest

03-02-03, 05:28 PM   #1  
jclick
Rotating Tires

Is there a certain rotation you would use when rotating your tires or does it make a difference?

Sponsored Links

OK

03-02-03, 06:12 PM   #2  
With radial tires I am told they should only be rotated front to back. Passenger side should always stay on the passenger side and driver side should always stay on the drivers side. I uderstand it has something to do with the carcus of the tire. Once a radial tire is broke in a certain direction it should not be changed. Some tires have arrows which would indicate the direction of rotation once mounted on the vehicle.

Good luck

Visiting Guest

03-02-03, 07:22 PM   #3  
Joe_F
Front to back as noted by the other poster.

KY

03-03-03, 11:51 AM   #4  
I always thought you rotated tires in "X" pattern. If you look in most manufactors owners manual this is the pattern they show.
Or it least this is what my 97LHS & 2000 winstar & 94 Ranger manual show. And far as I know all new cars come with radial tires, right?

Visiting Guest

03-03-03, 12:33 PM   #5  
Joe_F
Corvettes and other cars have directionally rotational tires. If you mount them on the wrong side, you'll get problems .

Follow the OEM car makers book. I usually go front to back.

Visiting Guest

03-04-03, 12:15 AM   #6  
Superman
I usually rotate from front to back. I use to rotate it X but one of the guys from Discount Tires told me, it is good enough to rotate front to back.

Search this Thread