Rotating Tires

Old 03-02-03, 05:28 PM
jclick
Visiting Guest
Rotating Tires

Is there a certain rotation you would use when rotating your tires or does it make a difference?

Old 03-02-03, 06:12 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
With radial tires I am told they should only be rotated front to back. Passenger side should always stay on the passenger side and driver side should always stay on the drivers side. I uderstand it has something to do with the carcus of the tire. Once a radial tire is broke in a certain direction it should not be changed. Some tires have arrows which would indicate the direction of rotation once mounted on the vehicle.

Good luck

Old 03-02-03, 07:22 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Front to back as noted by the other poster.

Old 03-03-03, 11:51 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I always thought you rotated tires in "X" pattern. If you look in most manufactors owners manual this is the pattern they show.
Or it least this is what my 97LHS & 2000 winstar & 94 Ranger manual show. And far as I know all new cars come with radial tires, right?

Old 03-03-03, 12:33 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Corvettes and other cars have directionally rotational tires. If you mount them on the wrong side, you'll get problems .

Follow the OEM car makers book. I usually go front to back.

Old 03-04-03, 12:15 AM
Superman
Visiting Guest
I usually rotate from front to back. I use to rotate it X but one of the guys from Discount Tires told me, it is good enough to rotate front to back.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: