Hard Start with 2002 VW Passat

Old 03-04-03, 04:08 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hard Start with 2002 VW Passat

I have a 2002 VW Passat GLX 4Motion (V6 engine). It has been very cold here, but the car is in the garage. Yesterday, when I went to start it, it acted like it was not getting any gas. It kept turning over, trying to start. Finally, after several attempts, it did start but ran very rough. The exhauset seemed to have a funny smell also, but that may be my imagination. Also, the check engine light came on. Several days before, I had put gas in it, so I checked the gas cap, which may not have been closed completely tight. Now, the car seems to be running better, but the engine light is still on. Could this loose cap be the cause. Why wouldn't the light go off? Does it take a certain amount of time for this to occur? Is it okay to drive it like this?

Old 03-04-03, 05:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
2002 vehicle. Covered by the factory warranty. Dealer's problem not yours.

Let them find the source of the check engine light and correct it. May be a bad coil----VW has had a lot of problems with their coils and they are under recall and on backorder.

My sister has a 2000 2.0 VW Jetta---it has been back to the dealer numerous times for window problems, air bag problems, as well as last week a blown head gasket. All that with 15k miles on the clock!

This thing like many VW models of late is troublesome and not worth a wooden nickel .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: