auto tape deck error msg

Old 03-04-03, 02:24 PM
auto tape deck error msg

Hi I have a 1996 Buick Park Avenue with A premium sound system tape deck and CD player however my tape deck wont work right and I get error msg E11 & E 13 can anyone help? I dont have the book Thanks Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-03, 03:37 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds like you're locked out of the code with it.

You can get a new owner's manual from www.helminc.com

Old 03-05-03, 05:49 AM
auto tape deck error msg

Joe Thanks for answering but your advice did not help at all is there anyone out there who can help steer me in the right direction? Thanks Jim

Old 03-05-03, 09:53 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Ya, the owner's manual. It will have what the error codes mean and how to correct it. You may be locked out of the radio due to the code resetting.

Have you tried to reenter the code?

Old 03-05-03, 12:00 PM
tape deck msg error

Joe Thanks again I have the owners manual but it does not give codes. The radio plays but the problem is that it states that the tape is in but its not and to try to put a tape in requires a lot of finagling pressing reject a few times and then a new tape can go in and play and sometimes while radio is playing the radio cuts off and it sounds like a tape is being inserted(but its not) and then it goes back to the radio playing but it still says tape in and so on and so on Thanks Jim

Old 03-05-03, 04:06 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Ah, that's a different story.

If the radio plays fine, but the tape player has trouble, it is likely failing internally. Have a good stereo shop take a look at it.