Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Autolibrary dead?

Group Moderator

FL

03-08-03, 02:31 PM   #1  
Autolibrary dead?

Autolibrary seems to have gone away, joe.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-09-03, 07:22 AM   #2  
Joe_F
All free things come to an end, it seems.

Time for those without a service manual to go to plan B. Fire up the public library card and borrow the needed manual free of charge .

My public library has a nice assortment and you can request others right there on the library's catalog computers .

Of course, owning a copy of a service manual for the vehicle you are working on is the best and recommended option.

03-09-03, 10:06 PM   #3  
Joe, all this time I thought that you were just being a kind person and that you purchased that subscription to Chilton's just for us to use....I'm crushed!

My library also has a subscription to Alldata. Alot of times people dont even know that their library has this or other online repair info. Call them and find out or ask them to purchase a subsciption...you never know until you ask.

Visiting Guest

03-10-03, 03:28 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Know your "Dewey" Decimals :)

Stevo:

True. Best bet is to ask at the library. Shoot, I almost never hit the video store now. I just request a movie on the NYPL's internet site, choose the movie (or book) and then pick it up at my local library, in walking distance .

Shoot, you can renew it right over the phone too! .

03-10-03, 06:45 PM   #5  
thanks joe, for letting me know about autolibrary. it has been a good source of information for me and i am really going to miss it. but as you said free things come to an end. i am suprised that someone else has not come up with another one. oh well, life goes on.
gary

Visiting Guest

03-11-03, 05:45 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Yea, it was a good one! Like I said, it gives you an excuse to "tune up" your library card .

Search this Thread