Autolibrary dead?

Old 03-08-03, 02:31 PM
Group Moderator
Unhappy Autolibrary dead?

Autolibrary seems to have gone away, joe.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-03, 07:22 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
All free things come to an end, it seems.

Time for those without a service manual to go to plan B. Fire up the public library card and borrow the needed manual free of charge .

My public library has a nice assortment and you can request others right there on the library's catalog computers .

Of course, owning a copy of a service manual for the vehicle you are working on is the best and recommended option.

Old 03-09-03, 10:06 PM
Unhappy

Joe, all this time I thought that you were just being a kind person and that you purchased that subscription to Chilton's just for us to use....I'm crushed!

My library also has a subscription to Alldata. Alot of times people dont even know that their library has this or other online repair info. Call them and find out or ask them to purchase a subsciption...you never know until you ask.

Old 03-10-03, 03:28 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Know your "Dewey" Decimals :)

Stevo:

True. Best bet is to ask at the library. Shoot, I almost never hit the video store now. I just request a movie on the NYPL's internet site, choose the movie (or book) and then pick it up at my local library, in walking distance .

Shoot, you can renew it right over the phone too! .

Old 03-10-03, 06:45 PM
thanks joe, for letting me know about autolibrary. it has been a good source of information for me and i am really going to miss it. but as you said free things come to an end. i am suprised that someone else has not come up with another one. oh well, life goes on.
gary

Old 03-11-03, 05:45 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Yea, it was a good one! Like I said, it gives you an excuse to "tune up" your library card .