Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tail lights and dash light out - jeep wrangler

Visiting Guest

03-10-03, 11:12 AM   #1  
em23
tail lights and dash light out - jeep wrangler

That's too bad about autolibrary.org being gone! My friend has a 2000 jeep wrangler, 50K miles and the tail lights and dash lights are out. That includes the heater control lights too. It's not the bulbs that aren't working. The front headlights are working OK, so I don't think it's the headlight switch that's to blame. I don't have a wiring diagram for this jeep and currently don't have the manual. Any ideas on where to start on this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-10-03, 01:36 PM   #2  
Joe_F
The dealer. The vehicle is a 2000 and it should be covered by the factory warranty. If not, a $25.00 Alldata.com subscription will give you the needed wiring diagrams.

If the vehicle has a trailer harness/connector, start there.

03-11-03, 01:55 AM   #3  
First things first did you check the fuse?

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

03-11-03, 04:52 AM   #4  
Dashboard light problem possible solution

I had an 84 Mazda B2000 pickup with the same problem of no dashboard lights. In that case the rheostat was dead. The rheostat is the same thing as the brightness control fo rthe dashboard lights. Hope that helps.

Have a good one,

Hirsch

Visiting Guest

03-11-03, 06:06 AM   #5  
em23
I did check the fuse. Thanks

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

03-11-03, 10:04 AM   #6  
Rheostat isnt the fuse

The rheostat is a knob on the dashboard that you turn to adjust the brightness of the dashboard lights. If that is bad you will have no dashboard lights.

Visiting Guest

03-11-03, 10:46 AM   #7  
em23
Thanks, I was actually replying to the other post there asking about the fuse, but I will check the rheostat as well.

Search this Thread