Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

charging AC on caravan

Visiting Guest

03-10-03, 03:22 PM   #1  
dwillis
charging AC on caravan

When I use to work on autos I knew how to jump across limiter switch on GM,Ford autos to charge AC.I have 96 Grand Caravan and need to add freon but I don't know how to,or even if I can,Jump across switch to engage compressor,or if there is a switch,but I do know it ain't running.Is it possible and how do I do it?
As I said it's a 96 Grand Caravan,3.3 engine,single air.
hope you can help,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-10-03, 07:13 PM   #2  
AVGJOE35
You really should have the leak repaired because 134A leaks differantly than R--12 does and you just run into problems.

Last edited by AVGJOE35; 03-10-03 at 08:08 PM.

Visiting Guest

03-10-03, 08:00 PM   #3  
Joe_F
No! A/C is NOT a DIY repair without the proper tools, service procedures and service information. A proper repair cannot be affected without these necessary elements.

Gone are the days of "topping it off". That is not effective with R134A.

Visiting Guest

03-10-03, 08:06 PM   #4  
AVGJOE35
You are correct JoeF . And I actually have been in this situation and the topping of 134A don't help it just takes a small leak and it stops cooling. By the way you are quick at responding Joe.

Visiting Guest

03-11-03, 05:42 AM   #5  
Joe_F
Thanks---I try to be timely where possible.

Yes, A/C repair is no longer DIY type repairs. You need the right tools, information, and know-how. It can be learned, but it takes an investment to do it and do it correctly and safely.

Search this Thread