Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

driver side upper hinge

Visiting Guest

03-11-03, 06:15 PM   #1  
cornerstonevet
driver side upper hinge

The upper door hinge on the driver side of my 1990 suburban is broken. The hinge is a single unit attaching to the door and body. Attachment to the body is with 2 9/16 bolts going into the interior and one bolt coming from the interior. Can someone tell me how to get to the bolt coming from the interior? Do I have to pull the entire dash or am I missing something here? Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-11-03, 08:44 PM   #2  
Joe_F
You might choose to let a body shop handle these. I remember doing them on my neighbor's 1991 Blazer and they were a pain---and we had done them before .

LA

03-12-03, 07:47 AM   #3  
The bolt can be reached behind the driver's kick panel. It is a real tough one to reach. GM shops use a special tool (wrench) to reach it. Check with your local parts stores they may be able to get the tool. Post back if you want, and I'll look up the GM part number for the tool.

Visiting Guest

03-12-03, 09:07 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Original poster:

GM's tools are sourced through Kent-Moore. You can look them up on google.com to find out their contact information, or look in my "The Basics" post below.

Visiting Guest

03-12-03, 09:39 AM   #5  
AVGJOE35
Auto Zone has loan a tool program maybe worth calling to see if they have it..

I took mine to bodyshop and it was under $75 to install.

Search this Thread