Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

!POP! in Ranger intake manifold

Visiting Guest

03-12-03, 03:35 PM   #1  
TonyHi
!POP! in Ranger intake manifold

Hi Guys! I was starting my 1990 ranger with a 4.0 V6 (1st time in the morn) when I heard a pop under the hood. Looked under the hood and saw a vacumn line (BLOWN?) off of the fitting that delivers vacumn to the brakes. FIVE vac lines on that fitting. I have a rough idle and suspect an intake manifold vac leak. What do you think? And; where do all them vac lines go? Tony ........

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-12-03, 05:23 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Have a look at the vehicle emission label under the hood. It should tell you what goes where.

If not, get a service manual with a vacuum diagram or get an Alldata.com subscription which will have the needed info.

Visiting Guest

03-15-03, 06:38 PM   #3  
tamtinyus
curious

That pop out happened several times to my 94 Mazda B4000 V6 (twin to Ranger) when the truck was mis-started. I used spring clamps to keep the vaccum hoses stay put.
It seems work but there could be related problems. The truck also has spark knocks when it goes uphill. I am interested to see your findings.

T.Y.

Search this Thread