Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tune up 1990 chrysler 3.3 V6 town and country

Visiting Guest

03-14-03, 04:25 PM   #1  
gonecat
tune up 1990 chrysler 3.3 V6 town and country

I have just purchased a chrysler town and country van with the 3.3 liter V6 and was wondering if there is an easy way to change the spark plugs and wires. Is there a special tool that the shops use for removing the plugs on these 3.3 V6's as there seems to be little hand room.
Suggestions or tips for the right way to do this job would be truly appreciated. Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links

03-14-03, 05:21 PM   #2  
the back plugs are easier to get to from underneath the vehicle not really any special tools needed.

MO

03-14-03, 05:22 PM   #3  
You're right, there's not much room to change plugs/wires on the rear head! When I did it, the intake plenum was off due to a valve spring and pushrod change being done on the rear. With engine intact, though, it's a little more difficult. I believe from the top, you can reach most everything you need to if you reach your right arm in from the driver's side of the engine. You might want to look at making some room to get under the vehicle; it may actually be easier that way. Hard to believe, but there really is some working clearance under the plenum. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you. - Chris

Search this Thread