not starting on interstate

Old 03-15-03, 08:21 PM
dragonl2ep
Visiting Guest
Question not starting on interstate

My buddy has a 94 mits galant 2.4l 16valve sohc that died on the interstate. first we tried the obvious and put some gas in and that started it but there is a bad knocking in the engine and doesnt get good acceleration so i checked the oil it wasnt showing on the dipstick so he had it towed where they did the oil change they put oil in it it still knocks and started once but now cranks but wont start. its getting fuel,spark. What is the next thing i should look for or did the internal get to damaged?

Old 03-15-03, 10:57 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am betting you did major damage by running it W/O oil. I would pull the heads and see if anything looks broke. If he run’s it with the knock I would bet he would see total engine failure in short order, or he could get lucky but I doubt it.

Old 03-16-03, 12:35 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds like a wasted engine, I agree. Rebuild time

Old 03-16-03, 08:15 AM
dragonl2ep
Visiting Guest
LOL u guys are funny no way are we going to put a new engine or rebuild it the car is trashed thanks for your help though and have a very good day.

Old 03-16-03, 08:41 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I suppose the Mitsubishi turned out to be a "zero" like those annoying commercials portray them to be. LOL.

Old 03-16-03, 10:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Does it have a bad oil leak? If not, I would look to the oil-change center for compensation. If it didn't leak or use the oil, it may have never been full in the first place.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: