Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Squeaky Front End

Visiting Guest

03-17-03, 04:24 PM   #1  
toootall2002
Squeaky Front End

1995 Ford Taurus V6 Automatic 80,000 miles

I think I have 2 symptoms for the same problem:
1) Whenever I turn the stearing wheel left or right, I hear a very loud groaning - almost like a rubber sleeve is too tight. It is coming from the engine compartment but I cant tell exactly where - it sounds like it is coming from the stearing column.
2) When I push up and down on either of the front 2 corners of the car, I get the same type of squeak with the engine off.

I am hoping that a few squirts of WD40 will stop the embarassing sounds (My kids call it the whale car because it sounds like whale-speak) but I dont want to get oil where it doesnt belong.

I plan on selling the car this summer so I dont really want to sink a great deal of $ into it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sponsored Links

03-17-03, 07:59 PM   #2  
Sounds like two different problems to me, sound like you need to grease all of you front suspension grease zerks and that you power steering box is making noise.

Visiting Guest

03-18-03, 05:56 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree. WD40 isn't likely to solve anything.

Check www.alldata.com for any known bulletins pertaining to the problem.

Visiting Guest

03-18-03, 06:01 PM   #4  
dragonl2ep
i also have a suggestion on this one it could be that your struts or the mounts are bad this would cause a squeek while turning and bouncing. have a great day

Search this Thread