1998 intrepid 2.7 liter

Old 03-18-03, 08:30 PM
Dock_R
Visiting Guest
1998 intrepid 2.7 liter

My car is running hot. If I turn the heater on it cools back down. I took it to the Dodge dealer and they suggested flushing the Radiator. $225 dollars later it is still running hot. took it back to Interstate Dodge and they said to replace Thermostat. $120 later still running hot .Took it back to Interstate Dodge and they said to replace the radiator. I asked to do a flow test on water pump and they said it was ok. Well I agreed to replace the Radiator. $557 Dollars and 2 miles later it is running hot. And so was I. I called them and they said that the Mechanic said it did not run hot on him. They said to bring it back and they would look at it for a small fee of $35 to $100. Any suggestions other than stay away from Interstate Dodge. Note!! the car is not loosing any water.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-03, 08:56 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Yup, two suggestions.

Find another Dodge dealer with a clue and call Daimler Chrysler and ask how much money they will give you back after all the money spent didn't fix the repair.

Anyone check for a defective gauge? Might have an air pocket too!

Old 03-19-03, 09:48 PM
I agree with Joe after this is all said and done find a new dealer. I would make sure the hoses are not clogged. Then confirm the temp of the engine with a Temp gun.