99 Ford Explorer


Old 03-21-03, 11:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
99 Ford Explorer

how can I change the transfer case oil on my ford explorer
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-03, 12:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
What does your service manual or autolibrary.org have to say?
Old 03-22-03, 01:52 AM
WeldGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
There is two plugs the upper one is the fill plug the lower one is the drain plug. Look in your owner’s manual for the correct type of fluid. But I think you have one of the T-Cases that take ATF fluid.
Old 04-18-03, 06:57 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Yes it takes ATF and is very easy. The tranny takes mercron V and I "think" the same goes in the t-case. But you can call a dealer to check. The plugs simply take the end of a ratchet with no socket on it. You will need a pump to get the new fluid in. Only takes a few minutes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes