Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Please Help

Visiting Guest

03-23-03, 10:24 PM   #1  
mattprzystas
Please Help

HI I have a 2000 Hyundia Sonata v6 automatic and I have a problem. For about the past 6 months or so I have had this really loud whistle coming from the right side of my car every time I step on the gas it sounds like it is coming from the dashboard, but to tell you the truth I have no clue where it is coming from. Everytime I excellerant it make the noise which to me it sounds like air or something leaking from somewhere, but again I have no idea. I have brought it in 3 times already and everytime they say the same thing they dont hea anything on the test drive but everyone that is in my car or near my car can hear it, it is worst in the colder weather. About a week ago I changed my all my fluids in my car to see if that is what could be causeing it but that didnt work. I really need help because the place I have brought it wont help me and I know Im not going crazy. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

03-24-03, 02:03 AM   #2  
This may sound stupid, but do the doors and windows shut tightly? That is the only thing I can think of.

OH

03-24-03, 03:59 AM   #3  
Go with them on the test drive and point the sound out. Could be door leak,window leak, or out door air vent partially open.

Visiting Guest

03-24-03, 10:48 AM   #4  
darrell McCoy
From your post you say it happens when you accelerate? I would check the connections between the air filter and intake.
Then check exhaust system carefully.
Not likey but may be in the air circulation system under dash.
Some noises can be a real "booger" to find.

Visiting Guest

03-24-03, 02:00 PM   #5  
Joe_F
I agree with having the dealership personnel take a ride with you. This is the only way you'll get them to understand the problem.

03-24-03, 06:30 PM   #6  
what do you guys think about feedback through the speakers??? I have had a whine/whistle sound on occasion in other cars

Search this Thread